IGCSE Mathematics is a fundamental building block of education. You will cover core mathematical concepts like numbers, equations, sequences, geometry, vectors and statistics.
IGCSE Mathematics (9-1)
Exam code: 4MA1
Delivery method: Online
IGCSE duration: 12 Months
Entry requirements: No prior qualification needed
Award achieved: Edexcel IGCSE Mathematics (9-1)
Awarding body: Edexcel
IGCSE Mathematics is a fundamental building block of education. With this maths online course you will cover core mathematical concepts like numbers, equations, sequences, geometry, vectors and statistics. The IGCSE differs from the GCSE in allowing calculators in both paper.
This IGCSE is ideal preparation for A-Level Maths studying as well as developing core life skills which will be invaluable in the work place or at home.
Our IGCSE Mathematics E-Book offers an interactive learning experience to guide you through the IGCSE specification. You can also choose to add one year of tutoring for only £35.
Upon successful completion of the exams (as administered by Edexcel), you will have achieved an internationally recognised Edexcel IGCSE Mathematics (4MA1) qualification.
Our IGCSE courses come with tutor feedback and support by email for 12 months. They will mark your TMAs and provide valuable guidance through any trickier parts of the course whenever you need it. You will also receive a study guide to help you with all aspects of studying, essay writing and general student skills.
- Develop your knowledge and understanding of mathematical concepts and techniques.
- Build a foundation of mathematical skills.
- Enjoy mathematics and use the skills you have learned to solve problems.
- Appreciate how important mathematics is to the world at large.
The Edexcel IGCSE qualification is gained the exam papers are successfully completed.
These exams are administered by Pearson Edexcel. As a private candidate you will sit your exams in an exam centre such as a school, college or private tuition centre.
In addition, if you select the added tutor support there will be a number of tutor marked assessments (TMAs) to ensure that you have a thorough understanding of the content, with the tutor sending comments to guide you through any areas of potential difficulty. This will ensure you are prepared for the final exams.
The course is primarily an online course using a Learning Management System (LMS).
The online course has many features that cannot be printed such as embedded videos, forums and interactive tests.
The course includes Tutor Marked Assessments which you access and submit through the online system.
This course is divided into 3 units:
This IGCSE is divided into 6 units:
At the end of the course you will sit two papers. The assessments will cover the following content headings:
1 Numbers and the Number System
2 Equations Formulas and Identities
3 Functions and Graphs
4 Geometry and Trigonometry
5 Vectors and Transformation Geometry
6 Statistics and Probability
The exam has two papers:
- Two tiers are available: Foundation and Higher (content is defined for each tier).
- Each student is permitted to take assessments in either the Foundation tier or Higher tier.
- The qualification consists of two equally-weighted written examination papers at either Foundation tier or Higher tier.
- Both papers must be at the same tier of entry and must be completed in the same assessment series.
- Calculators can be used on both papers.
- Each paper is 2 hours long.
- Each paper has 100 marks.
- The content outlined for each tier will be assessed across both papers.
- Each paper will cover all Assessment Objectives, in the percentages outlined for each tier. (See the section Breakdown of Assessment Objectives for more information.)
- Each paper has a range of question types; some questions will be set in both mathematical and non-mathematical contexts.
- Two assessment series available per year: May/June and January.
- The qualification will be graded and certificated on a nine-grade scale from 9 to 1 using the total mark across all three papers where 9 is the highest grade. Individual papers are not graded.
- Foundation tier: grades 1 to 5.
- Higher tier: grades 4 to 9 (grade 3 allowed)
Your online course contains mini assessments at the end of each chapter. However, if you wish to sit a Mock Exam before the finals, we can arrange that at the centre or online. Mock exam fees are additional, and they may vary from £25 to £50 per paper.
Please contact us on 02033028140 or visit our exam centre website for more information and guidance on how to book your final exam http://privateexamcentre.co.uk/.
Roughly 6 months before your chosen exam date, you should book your place at an exam centre to take the final exam exams for GCSE/IGCSE Certificates.
The International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) examinations, offered by Pearson Edexcel, are held in Summer (May/June) and Winter (January/February). Cambridge International Exams (CIE) take place in Winter (January/February), Summer (May/June) and Autumn (Oct/Nov) every year.
Please contact us on 02033028140 or visit our exam centre website for more information and guidance on how to book your final exam http://privateexamcentre.co.uk/
Your exam fees aren’t included in the course cost as they’re paid directly to the exam centre. They’ll vary depending on which centre you choose. It is recommended to book your exams will in advance to avoid late booking fees. Book your exams now!
How to Enrol:
- If you’d like to pay in full, you can enrol online using the ‘Purchase’ button.
- If you’d like to set up an interest-free payment plan, get in touch with our GCSE Advisors on 0800 7723464.
- If you have any disabilities which you think might affect your studies or assessments, please let us know before you enrol so we can advise you on whether reasonable adjustments can be made to accommodate your needs.
Once your purchase is completed, you will receive your login details within 24 hours, and you will be good to go! Everyone at BestGrade wishes you the best of luck on your studying journey! We know it’s both rewarding and challenging, but your qualification will make a significant contribution to your career path and life. Good luck!
- Book your place today! Prices are on sale for a limited time only.