Studying Computer Science gives students the tools and knowledge that they need to understand the operation of programmable systems and networks as well as introducing them to programming in Python.
Doing this IGCSE will enable you to complete and function with the Computer Science tools that you will need to use in further courses of study and employment.
IGCSE Computer Science
Exam code: 4CP0
Delivery method: Online
IGCSE duration: 120 hours over 12 Months
Entry requirements: No prior qualification needed
Award achieved: IGCSE Computer Science (ICT) (9-1)
Awarding body: Edexcel
IGCSE Computer Science gives you a good grounding in the wide range of knowledge and skills necessary to understand the operation and programming of programmable systems. It is also a good foundation for A levels in computer science, as well as courses in further education and university.
Our IGCSE Computer Science E-Book offers an interactive learning experience to guide you through the IGCSE specification. You can also choose to add one year of tutor support for only £35.
This qualification provides students with the opportunity of operating confidently in today’s digital world. It is a useful, practical qualification which will provide skills needed in further education and work.
Our IGCSE courses come with tutor feedback and support by email for 12 months. They will mark your TMAs and provide valuable guidance through any trickier parts of the course whenever you need it. You will also receive a study guide to help you with all aspects of studying, essay writing and general student skills.
- You will gain extensive skills in programming and algorithm development
- You will understand the operation of computer hardware at a fundamental level
- You will be able to use a variety of data types
- Provide a solid base for study at higher education level.
The Edexcel IGCSE Computer Science qualification is gained the exam papers are successfully completed.
These exams are administered by Edexcel. As a private candidate you will sit your exams in an exam centre such as a school, college or private tuition centre.
In addition, if you select the added tutor support there will be a number of tutor marked assessments (TMAs) to ensure that you have a thorough understanding of the content, with the tutor sending comments to guide you through any areas of potential difficulty. This will ensure you are prepared for the final exams.
The course is primarily an online course using a Learning Management System (LMS).
The online course has many features that cannot be printed such as embedded videos, forums and interactive tests.
The course includes Tutor Marked Assessments which you access and submit through the online system.
This course is divided into 3 units:
You will learn about topics such as:
Topic 1: Problem solving including algorithms
Topic 2: Programming in Python
Topic 3: Data types, representation and storage
Topic 4: Computer hardware and logic
Topic 5: Communication, networks and the internet
Topic 6: Emerging trends, issues and impact
This IGCSE is divided into the following:
Students study all of the following topics:
- Topic 1: Problem solving
- Topic 2: Programming
- Topic 3: Data
- Topic 4: Computers
- Topic 5: Communication and the internet
- Topic 6: The bigger picture
The aims and objectives of this qualification are to enable you to:
- Understand and apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science, including abstraction, decomposition, logic, algorithms and data representation
- Analyse problems in computational terms through practical experience of solving such problems, including designing, writing and debugging programs
- Think creatively, innovatively, analytically, logically and critically
- Understand the components that make up digital systems, and how they communicate with one another and with other systems
- Understand the impacts of digital technology to the individual and to wider society
- Apply mathematical skills relevant to computer science.
Your online course contains mini assessments at the end of each chapter. However, if you wish to sit a Mock Exam before the finals, we can arrange that at the centre or online. Mock exam fees are additional, and they may vary from £25 to £50 per paper.
Please contact us on 02033028140 or visit our exam centre website for more information and guidance on how to book your final exam http://privateexamcentre.co.uk/.
Roughly 6 months before your chosen exam date, you should book your place at an exam centre to take the final exam exams for GCSE/IGCSE Certificates.
The International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) examinations, offered by Pearson Edexcel, are held in Summer (May/June) and Winter (January/February). Cambridge International Exams (CIE) take place in Winter (January/February), Summer (May/June) and Autumn (Oct/Nov) every year.
Please contact us on 02033028140 or visit our exam centre website for more information and guidance on how to book your final exam http://privateexamcentre.co.uk/
Your exam fees aren’t included in the course cost as they’re paid directly to the exam centre. They’ll vary depending on which centre you choose. It is recommended to book your exams will in advance to avoid late booking fees. Book your exams now!
How to Enrol:
- If you’d like to pay in full, you can enrol online using the ‘Purchase’ button.
- If you’d like to set up an interest-free payment plan, get in touch with our GCSE Advisors on 0800 7723464.
- If you have any disabilities which you think might affect your studies or assessments, please let us know before you enrol so we can advise you on whether reasonable adjustments can be made to accommodate your needs.
Once your purchase is completed, you will receive your login details within 24 hours, and you will be good to go! Everyone at BestGrade wishes you the best of luck on your studying journey! We know it’s both rewarding and challenging, but your qualification will make a significant contribution to your career path and life. Good luck!
- Book your place today! Prices are on sale for a limited time only.